Thank you to all who wrote us with questions concerning their meditation practice. It is perfectly common for many of these questions to arise. We always welcome feedback, your questions, or thoughts about your personal journey towards mindful living.
Read below for answers to the interesting questions that we’ve received about meditation.
1. Whenever I meditate, I always use it for prayer or visualization. I never just quiet my mind. Should I just quiet my mind or is what I am doing OK?
This is a great question, as it brings up the point of meditation existing in several forms.
Omvana offers a wide variety of meditations. It is important to find out which one resonates with you the most.
Some forms of meditation include the following:
- Visualization or Prayer– this may involve placing yourself in an idealized future, or visualizing abundance in your life. This is a great way to mentally stimulate and excite the mind to follow through with your goals and dreams, or to manifest your intentions.
- Mindfullness Meditation- this involves simply being present, letting your mind run and not trying to stop or control your thought patterns.
- Qi Gong– this comes from a Taoist tradition and is heavily focused on breathwork. The breath is used to circulate energy throughout the body.
These are just a few forms of meditation, although there are several others. All content in Omvana will be guided and give you the exact focus and intention of each track. Pay attention to those tracks that you enjoy most and take note of what form it uses—is it breathwork, stillness, visualization, or an untamed wandering mind?
2. When I cant ‘t sleep, I use meditation to help me drift off to sleep while lying in bed. Is this bad for me?
Meditating is a perfect way to help yourself fall asleep. There is nothing wrong with falling asleep to these audios. In fact, there are several benefits to using meditation as part of your sleeping ritual.
Certain meditations often include positive affirmations, or probe the mind to think in a relaxed or peaceful fashion. While you drift off to sleep, your subconscious mind still registers these ideas and affirmations. You may find yourself waking up in a better mood!
3. How Long should I meditate for ?
We recommend that you complete the entire audio for each track we provide you with. Most of these are about 10 mintues in length. However, some peple find that they would rather meditation 3 mintues, 3 times a day. This is perfectly acceptable as well.
If you are just a beginner, you can start out with 5 minutes a day and gradually add on a few minutes each week. Once you get into a good routine, you’ll find that the time passes quickly and you no longer think about time!
4. Can children meditate?
It is a great idea to teach your children to meditate at a young age. Meditation is often misinterpreted as an “advanced” mind practice, but children would likely love it!
You don’t have to label it “meditation” for your children. You can call it a
“thinking break” or a “mind vacation.” You can put on some soft ambient music and ask them to do a visualization exercise of their perfect future. Ask them to close their eyes, and maybe rub their hands or feet to help relax them.
Thank you for your questions! Feel free to engage and write us as more questions come up. 🙂